Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Believe

It's January 2009 and I just finished watching the Inauguration of the 44th president of the United States of America with my two sons. Here he is folks, President Barack Obama. 53% of the votes. Whether you voted for him or not, it is time we come together as a nation and work towards the greater good for all our people, for all the world. There is a lot of work to do and a lot of people saying this can not be done or that can not be done. Myself included. I've uttered the words myself throughout the campaigns. But... what if we try anyway? What if we give up our sometimes jaded attitudes about "politics as usual" and believe again? It is possible that the good in the world can rise up. Evolution happens. The solar system evolves, earth evolves, nations evolve, people evolve. I believe it will happen, I believe if we can create forward momentum we can make it happen. I believe in the conviction of our President. I believe he wants what is good. I believe we can make it happen. I believe.

3 comments:

  1. I believe it too brother.

    I believe it too.

    Heres to the dream,

    Maithri

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe too, j.

    hmmm...amazing what a couple of cute kids will do to a guy... ;)

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete